About The Course:
The dive control specialist certification is the highest level professional before instructor. As a DCS you can teach lecture and pool classes with indirect supervision. By assisting an active instructor with open water training the DCS can collect valuable training experience which is the best possible preparation for an Instructor Training Course (ITC).
At East Coast, some of our most valuable educators are our Dive Control Specialists. As a Dive Control Specialist you can teach 4 of the 5 pool sessions for open water certification as well as Try Scuba sessions and Scuba Skills Updates. If you’re interested in teaching scuba, this is where you learn to teach.
- 18 Years or older.
- Only available for Divemasters or as a Crossover from another agency. (equivalent to assistant Instructor).
- Clear medical history or MD sign-off with the past year.
- Student must provide all their own equipment.
- Minimum of 60 logged dives.
- Five class sessions.
- Four sessions in the pool. (2 days of extended pool sessions)
- 2 days in Open Water.
- 13 sessions acting / observing as a pool instructor
- Internationally trained / certified instructor.
- Agency approved on-line course work.