About The Course:
After completing both the Dive Guide and Science of Diving specialties you qualify for Divemaster certification. Divemaster is the next step towards Dive control specialist and Instructor training. Being a Divemaster qualifies you to be able to teach Snorkeling programs in the pool and also is a prerequisite for the Dive Control Specialist course.
The Divemaster program taught at East Coast is a recognition program. There is no additional training involved beyond Science of Diving and Diveguide. Once both programs are completed you are eligible for Divemaster certification. If you are a Divemaster with another agency you may be able to enroll in a Divemaster crossover. This program teaches you the variations from the way you were taught to the East Coast and SSI philosophies.
The Science of Diving program consists of five classes that are meant to create a deeper understanding of diving. This wealth of knowledge adds to a dive guides technical skill set and creates a great foundation for an instructor, or diver interested in learning more about the ins and outs of SCUBA.
Science of Diving Courses
- 18 Years or older.
- Only available for Dive Guides or as a crossover from another agency.
- Clear medical history or MD sign-off with the past year.
- Student must provide all their own equipment.
- This course is an update.
- Divers certified as Dive Guide and Science of Diving can be upgraded for free. (pay for processing)