Join East Coast Divers for a week of Freediving in the crystal clear waters of Grand Cayman.
Grand Cayman is the largest of the Cayman Islands, the British Caribbean territory. George Town, its capital, is home to the Cayman Islands National Museum, dedicated to Caymanian heritage, and the ruins of colonial-era Fort George. At the island’s center is the Mastic Reserve and Trail, a footpath through old-growth forest, sheltering a wide variety of native plants and animals.
On the west side of Grand Cayman you will find the famous Seven Mile Beach, the crescent-shaped natural wonder with boundless capacity for relaxation. With sand stretching as far as the eye can see, Grand Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach is often rated as one of the most beautiful beaches in all the Caribbean - and the least populated. .
Shore diving is relaxed and awesome day or night…. Divetech offers superb shore diving, a great quiet getaway from Seven Mile Beach and just 12 minutes North of Georgetown. Here you will experience a shore dive on the mini wall for beginners or the deep shear wall for the more advanced divers that is rated amongst the best in the Cayman Islands. Just 50 yards off shore from the dock, a 35' vertical mini-wall runs from 25' to 60’ reef to greet you, where an abundance of corals, sponges and marine life lives. Or you can explore the deep wall, a 6 minute farther swim out along a coral finger or with an underwater navigation line to assist you. The deep wall has canyons, swim throughs, pinnacles, huge barrel sponges and a resident school of Jacks. The dive site is pristine and unspoiled with southern eagle and lemon rays, turtles, octopus, scorpion fish, bristle stars, crabs, anemones, eels, tarpons and an abundance of reef fish from juveniles to old timers seen on a daily basis.
At our Lighthouse Point shore diving shop, you will find the Guardian of the Reef, an original 14’ bronze sculpture sank in April 2014 and dedicated to ocean conservation. A not to miss dive and photo op.
The Dive Center
Divetech is one of Grand Cayman's full service dive operators for world-class diving, operating since 1994. Divetech offers the best quality training available, both recreational and technical, and a host of adventures to participate in!
Their values are:
- Friendly staff with a commitment to the enjoyment of your diving vacation
- Exceptional Customer Service & a full refund policy
- Diving to your certification level with 100% computer diving
- Offering unique adventures within your dive vacation
- Providing excellent maintenance for our shops, boats and equipment
- Having lots of fun 🙂
- Freedom, Safety and Adventure!
Oceanfront condos at Lighthouse Point
Lighthouse Point is a unique solar development in Grand Cayman, set in a rugged, natural iron-shore landscape, surrounded by the hardy and unusual indigenous flora and fauna of the islands that live along the coastline. The solid stone exterior blends naturally into the landscape, complemented by antique anchors, cannons and nautical features including a Lighthouse. Lighthouse Point is a design-specific 'green' development, promoting sustainable tourism from the ground up and the recipient of the Governor’s Award for Excellence in Sustainability and the Environment. Each condo has been equipped with solar and wind power and the most environmentally friendly water management system creating zero discharge.
- Master king bedroom, private bathroom with walk-in rain shower, walk in closet, balcony
- Guest bedroom, twin beds, bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and rain shower
- Pull out bed in Living Room
- Entertainment center with flat screen HD TV, cable, surround sound, blue ray DVD players
- Wi fi internet (high speed) connection
- Fully equipped designer kitchens, 100% Energy Star rated stainless steel appliances including a double fridge/freezer, gas stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal & microwave
- Large open design for the living room, dining room, kitchen & balcony
- Exquisitely furnished with upscale solid wood furnishings, surrounded by solid wood interiors
- Double sliding patio doors, interior blinds that allow the Caribbean breezes in
- Energy star rated fans and air conditioning in all rooms
- Daytime through sunset Greenhouse Restaurant on site, utilizing fresh and local products
- On site Freediving with Divetech including a private dock
- All accommodations at Light House Point
- SSI International Freediving Training
- Director - Nick
- Daily 30 minute morning Yoga sessions
- Daily 30 minute morning Freediving stretching sessions
- SSI level 1 Freediving materials
- SSI level 2 Freediving materials
- SSI level 3 Freediving materials
- Constant weight training
- No fins training
- Free immersion training
- Advanced equalization clinics
- Neck weight making workshop
- 2 Daily 2 hour Freediving ocean sessions
- 2 daily 2 hour Freediving academic presentations
- Nightly video review of in water technique and performance evaluation
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a 2 bedroom condo
- 13% Government Tax
- Round Trip Airport Transfers
- Daily Morning Yoga Session
- 4 Boat trips – including Walls, Reefs, Stingray City & the Wreck of the Kittiwake
- Unlimited access to Divetech’s shore location @ Lighthouse Point
- Weight Rental
- Neck Weight Clinic
- End of Week Macabuca BBQ Buffet
$1895 per person
*This is a Freediving training camp ONLY. Skills from the SSI levels 1 through 3 will be covered by fully certified instructors but some pool and academic sessions will need to be covered outside of the trip.