Demo a Hollis Prism 2 CCR May 19th or June 2nd
& for a limited time...
Purchase a Hollis Prism 2 CCR Rebreather for $1500 off.
That's a brand new CCR for $7500.
Hollis and East Coast Divers are offering an instant cash rebate of $1,500 with the purchase of a Prism 2 Rebreather. The Prism 2 is a fully closed circuit Rebreather, ideal for exploring open ocean, caves, or wrecks. This unit can be electronically or manually controlled which means you choose how you want the loop PPO2 maintained.
Includes the option of front-mounted counterlungs or back-mounted counterlungs. Combined with the rear mounted radial scrubber, the Prism 2 provides easy breathing with low resistive effort and low hydrostatic loading. The Prism 2 has also been tested by ANSTI at 100M and has the lowest WOB of any mixed gas CCR on the market at 0.94 J/L. The standard kit includes an electronic secondary control and primary LED displays with a backplate/wing assembly that provides a complete kit ready to dive out of the box.
East Coast Divers are offering Prism 2 demos May 19th and June 2nd for anyone interested Prism 2 CCR's. The demo will include all consumables, a class session reviewing the unit and internal workings of the rebreather as well as basic CCR use and function. It will also include a session in the pool with the opportunity to test dive the rebreather in multiple counterlung configurations.
Our June 2nd demo will also have a special guest! Joe Stellini from Hollis Rebreathers and TDI SDI training will come to answer questions and deep dive into some special features of the unit as well as joining us at the pool.
ABOUT THE DEMO EVENTS:
The Events will start at East Coast Divers for the unit review, lecture and discussion portion of the demo. We will then head down the street for the in-water portion of the demo. Depending on the number of participants we will rotate everyone's opportunity to demo the unit in different configurations. The Brookline Town Pool is located at the Evelyn Kirrane Aquatics Center, 60 Tappan St. Brookline
Pick a day that works best for you! We're offering 2 different dates. Either May 19th or June 2nd. The event will start at 3 pm and run until 8:30 pm.
What will I need?
You'll need to signup for a spot. There are only 4 available per date so sign up soon! You'll also need to bring your own mask, fins, suit, and towel. We'll have some paperwork we'll need you to fill out as well such as some liability paperwork and a medical release that you can find here. If you answer yes to any of the medical questions we'll also need the physician area of the form filled out.
The demo will cost $50 per person. This includes all class and in-water time as well as all consumables for the event. If you sign up for training and/or purchase a unit after the event we will also take the cost of the demo off that purchase.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Sign up below!
FRONT MOUNTED COUNTERLUNGS
Dual, front mounted counterlungs provide the diver with a flexible reservoir equivalent to the maximum displacement of the diver’s own lung volume and ensures the lowest possible hydrostatic loading.
These counter lungs are fitted with both automatic and manual gas addition systems and a variable volume control valve (used upon ascent to vent excess expanding gas volume or to purge the loop). Diluent addition is automatically achieved as hydrostatic pressure increases and the counter lung collapses against the valve actuator.
BACK MOUNTED COUNTERLUNGS
Backmounted Counterlung positions lungs behind the diver leaving the chest free for attachment of additional tanks and accessories. This also allows improved streamlining with less drag and better horizontal trim.
Features a 2 piece bag design for improved WOB performance and easy removal of the internal lung for cleaning or replacement. ADV Upstream Valve design is reliable and resistant to free flow which is a benefit for the addition of valuable diluent gas. All gas delivery systems on the Prism 2 have both automatic and manual function. Water Trapping T-pieces keep excess water from the breathing loop inside the counterlung for easy draining. Streamlined Hose Fittings keep LP hoses routed inside closest to the diver which avoids overhead interference. Machined DIL and O2 MAV controls ensure a rugged and reliable design, also allowing offboard gas plugin on both sides.
REAR MOUNTED RADIAL SCRUBBER
The Prism 2 utilizes a user packed, radial 5.5lb CO2 scrubber, which features the best possible duration, insulation and work of breathing on the rebreather. The scrubber canister is mounted vertically on the backplate and between twin supply cylinders (one each, oxygen and diluent). The clear scrubber bucket is molded from Engineered Thermoplastic. This Hollis exclusive design ensures the CO2 scrubber is installed, packed and provides a visual for positive loop integrity.
The Prism 2 is an electronic Closed Circuit Rebreather providing divers a proven platform to explore the underwater world. The Prism 2 gives divers a New Ocean. Bubble free diving allows the diver to integrate into ocean life – rather than intruding on the underwater realm.
The Prism 2 delivers comfortable warm breathing gas in an optimal breathing mix at any depth. This extends no-decompression times; allowing divers to take advantage of the Prism 2’s more efficient gas use.
- Electronic CCR (Closed Circuit Rebreather)
- Only commercial CCR to pass unmanned and manned testing by the U.S. Navy
- Radial scrubber design provides lower resistive breathing effort and more efficient scrubber use
- Primary HDD (Heads Down Display) is battery driven sequential LED, for continuous hands free monitoring of the oxygen levels.
- Independent Analog Secondary Display works even if the battery is dead powered by the O2 sensors.
- O2 supply lines and solenoid are external from the breathing loop. This removes the risk of O2 spikes due to O2 connection leaks. O2 is safely vented into the surrounding water column.
- Pre-Dive user selectable PO2 Setpoints
- Standard Diluent and O2 bottle size 19 cuft (2.7 liters) but for greater flexibility the unit can accommodate 13's, 19's; 30's (cuft) / 1.9, 2.7; 4.4 (liters)
- Electronics and the battery are housed on their own outside of the breathing loop..
- Uses a standard 9V alkaline battery which can be found easily worldwide
- Long battery life of 40 hours in 70F water temperature
- Convenient purge drains at the base of each counterlung
- Electronics are sealed and protected from accidental flooding
- Counterlungs mounted over the shoulder to decrease work of breathing
- Waterproof magnetic slide on/off switch used for reliability in a salt water environment
- 3 O2 sensors for redundant and reliable oxygen management