Wednesday, September 8, 2021 — Sunday, September 12, 2021
TBD (either Hathaways Pond in Barnstable or Morton Pond in Plymouth)
Looking to develop your rescue scenario skills and increase the safety of you and your dive team this season? Rusty on your first aid and need a refresher? Enroll in East Coast Diver’s Rescue & First Aid Boot Camp to get your skills honed and prepare yourself to assist a diver in need! This four-day workshop will combine complementary skills from both the Diver Stress & Rescue and React Right (first aid) curriculums.
Diver Stress & Rescue
The SSI Diver Stress & Rescue specialty program teaches you the skills you need to protect yourself and other divers.
You will learn how to identify stress, how to prevent accidents, and be taught practical techniques to conduct rescues and provide emergency care. With a combination of confined water and open water practice sessions, you will become well prepared and confident at handling emergency and rescue situations.
The SSI React Right program you will learn how to manage dive emergencies and treat injuries as a first responder. This in-depth emergency first response course includes first aid, CPR skills, oxygen administration, and AED administration.
By combining the programs you will learn how to respond in the four most common rescue scenarios and make optimized decisions until help arrives.
The four-part program starts Wednesday, 4th September with a zoom session.
- Diver Stress & Rescue Academic Webinar (Zoom): Wed, Sep 8th, 06:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- First Aid (React Right) Academic Webinar (Zoom): Thu, Sep 9th, 2021, 06:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Confined Water Rescues and First Aid Workshops pt. 1 (Pond): Sat, Sep 11th, 2021, 09:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Open Water Rescues & Fist Aid Workshops pt. 2 (Pond): Sun, Sep 12th, 2021, 09:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- The minimum age for participation is twelve years old (for Jr certification or fifteen for full certification)
- Participants must provide proof of Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- Participants must be physically and emotionally capable of completing the required skills including rescue tows and diver extractions onto the beach (for Stress & Rescue cert) as well as chest compressions (for CPR cert)
- Participants must arrive to the Confined and Open Water sessions prepared for in-water activities with
- Appropriate exposure protection for the surface weather and water temps
- Full Scuba equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, regulator, buoyancy compensator, and cylinder)
- All CPR, First Aid, O2, and AED equipment will be provided by the ECD Team.
- Upon completion of all academic and in-water requirements, your instructor may issue a Diver Stress & Rescue certification (the equivalent to PADI Rescue Diver) which unlocks the Dive Guide & Divemaster programs.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the React Right program, you may earn certifications as a first responder in First Aid, CPR, Oxygen Administration for diving emergencies, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) basics.